Do you need a crunchy chocolatey snack? Have you ever had Muddie Buddies (AKA Puppy Chow)?
I have decided to add a “Treat Yourself” category to my blog. Everyone, introverts especially, need to spend time taking care of themselves (emotionally and physically). For example, if you need chocolate go find chocolate. Even if you have to go to the ends of the earth! (OK, that might be a little extreme). Here is a recipe for a family favorite, chocolatey crunchy snack.
- 9 cups Rice Chex™ cereal (We just used the whole box!)
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (Add an extra 1/2 cup. You deserve it!)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (Peanut allergies? No problem! Just add more butter/margarine 🙂 )
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1. Into a large bowl, measure the cereal (just pour the whole box in) and then set aside.
2. In a 1-quart microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter uncovered on high, 1 minute; stir. Microwave about 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Pour into the large bowl.